Promoting good design to businesses
Better Business by Design: 28-29 March 2012
“Design doesn’t just influence graphics and packaging of products, but also the strategy behind them, how we present them and how we view ourselves as a company”
- Every £100 a ‘design alert’ business spends on design increases turnover by £225.
- In businesses where design is integral to operations, over 75% say they’ve increased their competitiveness and turnover through design.
- Businesses that see design as integral don’t need to compete on price as much as others.
- Shares in design-led businesses outperform key stock market indices by 200%.
- Businesses where design is integral to operations are twice as likely to have developed new products and services.
- On average ‘design alert’ businesses increase their market share by 6.3% through using design.
- Rapidly growing businesses are three times more likely than the rest to consider design crucial to success.
* Source: Design Council